- How do you open the one-eyed chests in Hogwarts Legacy?
- When do you get a flying mount in Hogwarts Legacy?
- How and when do you unlock Quidditch in Hogwarts Legacy?
- Can you get more gear slots in Hogwarts Legacy?
- How and when can you pick locks in Hogwarts Legacy?
- When do you get the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy?
- How do you open the cabinets with a keyhole in Hogwarts Legacy?
- Can you expand the size of your Vivarium in Hogwarts Legacy? How do you store more species?
- How do you unlock the nab-sack and save beasts in Hogwarts Legacy?
- When do you unlock the broom in Hogwarts Legacy?
- How do you open the locked doors in the Clock Tower in Hogwarts Legacy?
- How do you solve the brazier puzzle on the bridge in Hogwarts Legacy?
- Hogwarts Legacy All Balloons Locations Guide
- Hogwarts Legacy All Landing Pads Locations Guide
- Where do you go for the Ghost of our Love side quest in Hogwarts Legacy?
- How do you open the number puzzle doors in Hogwarts Legacy?
- How do you open the locked door by the Headmaster’s Office in Hogwarts Legacy?
- Hogwarts Legacy Daedalian Keys Locations Guide
- Hogwarts Legacy All Demiguise Statues Locations Guide
- Hogwarts Legacy 'Well, Well, Well' side quest treasure map location and solution
- Hogwarts Legacy: All Main Quests, Side Quests, Assignments & Relationship Quests
- Hogwarts Legacy: All Cairn Dungeons Locations
- Hogwarts Legacy's 'The Tale of Rowland Oakes' side quest walkthrough guide
- Hogwarts Legacy: 'The Hero of Herodiana' Puzzle 3 Solution
- Hogwarts Legacy: 'The Hippogriff Marks the Spot' walkthrough guide
- Hogwarts Legacy: 'Cursed Tomb Treasure' walkthrough guide
- Hogwarts Legacy: 'Solved by the Bell' side quest walkthrough guide
- Hogwarts Legacy - All 21 Infamous Foes and where to find them
- How do you unlock Dark Magic in Hogwarts Legacy?
- Hogwarts Legacy: All 95 Merlin Trials Locations Guide
- Hogwarts Legacy: 100% Highlands All Collectibles Region Guide & Maps
- Hogwarts Legacy Collection: All Beast Locations
- Hogwarts Legacy: All Hogsmeade Collectibles (100%)
- Hogwarts Legacy Collection: All Broom Locations
- Hogwarts Legacy Collection: All 67 enemies and where to find them
- Hogwarts Legacy: All Great Hall Collectibles (100%)
- Hogwarts Legacy: All Challenges and Rewards List
- Hogwarts Legacy Collection: All 75 Traits and where to find them
- Hogwarts Legacy Collection: All 78 Appearances and where to find them
- Hogwarts Legacy: All South Wing Collectibles (100%)
- Hogwarts Legacy: All Library Annex Collectibles (100%)
- Hogwarts Legacy Collection: All Tools and All Ingredients
- Hogwarts Legacy 'A Bird in the Hand' Ruins Puzzle Door Solution
- Hogwarts Legacy All Butterflies Locations (Conjuration Collection Chests)
- Hogwarts Legacy: All Bell Tower Wing Collectibles (100%)
- Hogwarts Legacy: All Vivarium Collection Chest Locations
- Hogwarts Legacy: All Astronomy Wing Collectibles (100%)
- Hogwarts Legacy: All The Grand Staircase Collectibles (100%)
- Hogwarts Legacy Collection: All 42 Wand Handles and where to find them
- Hogwarts Legacy Collection: All 140 Conjurations and where to find them
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
- Offline: 45 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 70-80 Hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Missable achievements: 0
- Does difficulty affect achievements: No
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None
Hogwarts Legacy is an interesting concept. It’s effectively Warner Bros’ biggest budget Harry Potter game, at a time when Harry Potter isn’t in the ascendancy. In fact, Potter’s popularity is probably at its lowest since 2000 (the year before the first film came out). The fact they’ve gone so big and so hard on a Hogwarts game is a little puzzling - why not do this earlier? Thankfully for us though, none of that really matters, and all that matters is that Avalanche Software have created one hell of a magical open-world RPG.
With a large open-world to explore, and the most incredible backdrop of Hogwarts at the centre of everything, the American developers have done a fine job in creating a video game that not only caters to hardcore Harry Potter fans, but brings in new people like me, who have never seen a Harry Potter film. Yes, I know, I’m one of like 10 people in the world who’s never seen a Harry Potter film.
The game itself is fantastic, and while it might lack that extra bit of polish we’d want from a triple-A game, regardless of whether you like Harry Potter or not, Hogwarts Legacy is a delightful and magical world to step into.
From an achievements perspective, Hogwarts Legacy is a fairly easy but time-consuming 1,000Gs. In order to get it you’re going to have to finish every quest, collect pretty much 99% of every single collectible in the game, and finish every single side activity. This is a grind, even for the best of us. But because, however, the game and its mechanics are a lot of fun though, it won’t really ever feel like one. Especially as we’re here to assist from start to finish.
Let’s talk strategy then.
Main playthrough (Focusing on Finishing Touches)
The best way to approach Hogwarts Legacy is quite simply play the game at your pace, doing what you want, and then at the end, you can mop everything up. There’s literally only one thing you really need to keep an eye on and track from the first minute, and that’s the Finishing Touches (30G) achievement, which requires you to “Use Ancient Magic on every enemy in the game.” It’s actually not as bad as it seems, so before you do get cracking, read the description and guide for that first.
The truth is though, that you can leave that until the end if you do happen to forget, but it’s honestly best to track as you go, as that’ll leave less guess work in the end - don’t end up like us, having to go back through every enemy to see who we used it on and who we didn’t, after the credits have rolled.
Everything else then is mop up. It really is. As we’ve said in order to get every achievement you’re going to need to do literally everything. The reason behind this is that every single challenge has an exclusive unlockable for your Collection that you can only get if you complete said challenge. And considering that the challenges are basically “See this thing? Complete all of them,” that means that you can’t really not do them.
The only exception to the rule is the Field Pages (not the Revelio Field Pages… you need all of them), which you’ll only need the vast majority of them. For instance, Hogsmeade, you’ll only need 50/55; and Hogwarts, you’ll only need to get 100 out of 150. Again, you'll need all the Revelio pages though.
For everything else, you need to do everything. So, that means:
- All the side quests - Check out our Hogwarts Legacy main quest, side quests, assignments and relationship quests list to see what you need to finish off.
- All the assignments - See above.
- Complete all relationship quests - Also see above.
- Complete every single challenge - See our Hogwarts Legacy challenge guide for how to unlock and what you get.
- Pop all the balloons - Check our Hogwarts Legacy Balloons guide page for locations.
- Collect all the Ancient Magic traces - Check out our Hogwarts Legacy: Highlands - all collectibles guide for assistance there.
- Complete all the Merlin Trials - Check out our Hogwarts Legacy Merlin Trials location guide.
- Collect all 30 Demiguise states - Check out our Hogwarts Legacy Demiguise locations guide for that.
- Collect all 16 Daedalian Keys - Check out Hogwarts Legacy Daedalian Keys locations guide for that too.
- Complete every Astronomy Table - Check out our Hogwarts Legacy Highlands 100% collectibles guide.
- Land on every Landing Platform - Check our Hogwarts Legacy Landing Platform guide for locations.
- Solve every Hogwarts secret - Matt's prepared 3 guides for those. They are:
- Collect every Revelio Page - See our Hogwarts Legacy Revelio Page guide for that.
- Collect every trait - Check out our Hogwarts Legacy Trait guide for assistance there.
- Beat both Battle Arenas (the Dark Magic one does not count).
- Beat every enemy type (includes killing all 21 unique “infamous foes” - we have a Hogwarts Legacy Infamous Foes list with maps all ready to use).
- You have to learn every spell - except the Dark Magic spells.
- Open every Collection Chest and unlock every appearance, wand and conjuration spellcraft reward.
- Capture every beast (multiple times, and breed them all too).
- Make every potion, grow every plant.
- Buy every recipe/conjuration spellcraft/broom from every vendor.
- Kill every type of foe… a lot.
- And upgrade a lot of gear.
We’ve got a ton of 100% maps and guides that you can use to assist you to get absolutely everything:
- Hogwarts Legacy Astronomy Wing all collectibles guide.
- Hogwarts Legacy Bell Tower Wing all collectibles guide.
- Hogwarts Legacy Grand Staircase all collectibles guide.
- Hogwarts Legacy Great Hall all collectibles guide.
- Hogwarts Legacy Library Annex all collectibles guide.
- Hogwarts Legacy South Wing all collectibles guide.
- Hogwarts Legacy Hogsmeade all collectibles guide.
- Hogwarts Legacy Highlands all collectibles guide.
The last thing you’ll need to do is complete the other 3 Hogwarts House achievements you didn’t get. Unfortunately that means having to play through the beginning of the game 3 more times (until you get to the Map Chamber). Fear not though, playing on Story and skipping through the cutscenes and dialogue, that won’t you too long at all. Maybe an hour or so. Just beeline it for every main mission.
By the time you’ve finished Hogwarts Legacy’s achievements, you’ll have seen literally all that the game has to offer. Thanks to the Collector's Edition (40G) achievement, there will literally nothing left to do - except maybe grab the last few missing Field Guide pages that actually aren’t required. I know! Something that isn’t required! Mental, right? Anyway! Hogwarts Legacy is an incredibly fun and really engaging game, even if you have to collect and complete everything. With the broom and the wand at your disposal, traversal will be fun, as will the combat. Plus, everything you collect will contribute to how amazing you can make your Room of Requirement look, which is what it’s all about anyway, right? It’s an easy 1,000G, it might just take you a while though to get everything. Still, great game, and that’s all that matters.